|Delete downloaded files and browsing history Home|
Bookmark this page
Bookmark this page
Due to privacy and security concerns, most people wish to delete their surfing history and files from their computer. It also prevents problems due to virus , spyware and increases the computer speed. Usually this is simple, but at times you can face problems.
How to delete websites visited from Internet Explorer/ browser history
If you have Internet Explorer
as your browser.
1. Click Tools and Internet Options on the drop down menu,
2. Click on the General Settings tab.
3. In the temporary internet files section , Click "delete cookies" (to delete cookies in cache)
4. Then click on "delete files" . This deletes the html pages and images you download that Internet Explorer saves on your hard disk. Deleting files may take time, if you have visited many websites. Wait till all the files are deleted, interrupting will cause partial deletion of files.
5. Then go to the history section, first "clear history" . Then set the "days to keep pages in history" at "0" . Click on apply to save this setting
6. Then click on "settings" , select "view files" click on top of page "edit" then click on "select all" then click on selected files, then click on "delete". There should be no files if step 4 has been done properly
7. Click on the General
Content tab in the Internet Options menu.
9. Uncheck "Web Addresses",
"Forms" and "User Names and Passwords on Forms".
2. Select "Options" > "Privacy" > "History."
3. Click on "Clear." To completely disable the history function, set
"Remember visited pages for the last X days" to zero ("0"). 4. Click
"OK" to exit.
This should be used only by
experienced users, since making a mistake could damage your computer and
you will lose all data
To advertise on this website and other websites in our network, check Text link ads or email email@example.com / mail (at) common.in
Free data entry jobs Update your computer drivers
To advertise, email websites (at) useful.in
© Copyright fixit.in