Bookmark this page
Computer makes a beeping sound
Remove Spyware and Malware from your computer
Remove traces of online activity and delete downloaded files
Delete files and data from the hard drive permanently
Bookmark this page
Since all computer components are connected on the motherboard, motherboard failures can difficult to troubleshoot. If the motherboard fails completely, no beeps will be heard , since the computer cannot perform a power on self test. Power supply fluctuations and spikes can damage the motherboard.
How to fix Motherboard problems:
1. Check if the power supply to the motherboard is connected properly. Also check the output voltage from the power supply using a multimeter. If output voltage from the power supply is very low, replace the power supply.
2. Inspect the motherboard and remove any dust or particles which may be causing shorting. If any contacts seem to be oxidized, remove the oxidation. Sometimes the jumpers may come off when the computer is moved, so check if they are fitted properly.
3. Check the connectors and see if any of the pins are bent. Try to straighten them slowly, taking care to ensure that they do not break off
4. In older motherboards there may be a problem due to leaky electrolytic capacitors (a manufacturing defect). You can either replace the capacitors or the motherboard.
5. If you have changed the speed of the CPU (over clocking), reset the speed to the default BIOS setting. This can be done when the computer is started
6.Check if the CPU fan is working properly. This is very important for an AMD CPU like Athlon or Duron, since more heat is generated compared to an Intel CPU.
7. The details of the motherboard are usually written on the motherboard and the manual provided with the PC. If you wish to upgrade to a new CPU, check if the CPU is compatible with the motherboard. Also ensure that the power supply rating is adequate.
8. The voltage of the CMOS battery should be checked. Ideally, the voltage should be 3V, but if the voltage is lower than 2.8V, the battery should be replaced.
© Copyright fixit.in